Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin

This Is The Official Site Of The Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problem: Content Advisor was enabled. I would like to disable it. I cannot just click the DISABLE button

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Problem:  Content Advisor was enabled. I would like to disable it. I cannot just click the DISABLE button Empty
PostSubject: Problem: Content Advisor was enabled. I would like to disable it. I cannot just click the DISABLE button   Problem:  Content Advisor was enabled. I would like to disable it. I cannot just click the DISABLE button Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:22 pm

Problem: Content Advisor was enabled. I would like to disable it. I cannot just click the DISABLE button...need to go into settings. Each time I go into Tools | Internet Options | Content | Settings and deselect the second check mark about users not having to type a password....then APPLY...I can then DISABLE (after typing my password). However, when I exit IE and then reopen, content advisor is again enabled. How can I completely disable the content advisor so I don't keep getting the pop-up menu about "check settings for content advisor" each time I access the Internet?

Possible Solution: The password is held in the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Ratings in a key
labeled "key" delete this key and it will set the password to blank. Next, find and delete the file Ratings.pol. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password. Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again. Choose View, Internet Options, click on the Content tab, and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything, just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor, since there's no longer a password. You can enable it again if you want as soon as you think up a more memorable password.
Back to top Go down
http://eecl.ephpbb.com

Problem: Content Advisor was enabled. I would like to disable it. I cannot just click the DISABLE button
Page 1 of 1