Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin

This Is The Official Site Of The Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problem: I have an Emachine and I recently installed a CD-RW drive, but it does not show up in Windows. Why?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Problem:  I have an Emachine and I recently installed a CD-RW drive, but it does not show up in Windows. Why? Empty
PostSubject: Problem: I have an Emachine and I recently installed a CD-RW drive, but it does not show up in Windows. Why?   Problem:  I have an Emachine and I recently installed a CD-RW drive, but it does not show up in Windows. Why? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Problem: I have an Emachine and I recently installed a CD-RW drive, but it does not show up in Windows. Why?

Possible Solution: You will need to download the VIA “IDE Miniport Driver” (http://www.viaarena.com). This is not part of Via 4 in 1 service pack which you should also have installed. The Miniport Driver will install a “Bus Master PCI Utility”, which you will see in your system tray after installation. Double-click on it and you should see your CD-RW drive in the list. Click once on the CD-RW drive and change it’s current mode to PIO MODE 4, then click File and click Save, click File and Click Commit Change. After re-boot the CD-RW should work as expected.
Back to top Go down
http://eecl.ephpbb.com

Page 1 of 1