Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin

This Is The Official Site Of The Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problem: Can anyone tell me how to add or remove entries that are listed when right clicking the start button? Is it a registry hack?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Problem:  Can anyone tell me how to add or remove entries that are listed when right clicking the start button? Is it a registry hack? Empty
PostSubject: Problem: Can anyone tell me how to add or remove entries that are listed when right clicking the start button? Is it a registry hack?   Problem:  Can anyone tell me how to add or remove entries that are listed when right clicking the start button? Is it a registry hack? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Problem: Can anyone tell me how to add or remove entries that are listed when right clicking the start button? Is it a registry hack?

Possible Solution: Yes it is a registry hack.
Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Shell
Everything in here is what is listed when your right click on the
Start button.
To remove an entry just deletes the Key.
To add an entry, do this. (As and example I will add a Notepad option)
1) Right click on the "shell" Key and select New->Key.
2) Name the new Key "Notepad."
3) In the default string enter "Notepad" in the data field. (This is the name that will appear when you right click on the Start button.)
4) Right click on the "Notepad" key you just created and select
New->Key and name the new key "command"
5) For the default string type in "c:\windows\notepad.exe" in the data field. (Enter whatever command you want to run when you click on the item, after right clicking on the Start button.)
This is just and example of using the Notepad command, but you could really do it for any application on the windows system.
Back to top Go down
http://eecl.ephpbb.com

Page 1 of 1