Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin

This Is The Official Site Of The Electrical Engineering Laboratories/University Of Salahadin

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problem: Using either the AT&T dialer, a connectiod with the AT&T number or a connectoid to the local free service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Problem:  Using either the AT&T dialer, a connectiod with the AT&T number or a connectoid to the local free service Empty
PostSubject: Problem: Using either the AT&T dialer, a connectiod with the AT&T number or a connectoid to the local free service   Problem:  Using either the AT&T dialer, a connectiod with the AT&T number or a connectoid to the local free service Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Problem: Using either the AT&T dialer, a connectiod with the AT&T number or a connectoid to the local free service (ALL which worked previously) the modem dials, logs on and then seems to stop any sending/receiving of data. It's as if the computer doesn't know he's connected to the internet. When I try to browse any web pages (IE) I get 'Page cannot be displayed'
Trying to send/receive email (Outlook Express) gets 'Server not found'. Pinging web name addresses and IP addresses gets 'unknown host'
Possible Solution: The "Unknown host" message from "ping" indicates that DNS name resolution is failing. Since it's happening with two different ISP's, it's probably not a problem in either DUN connection. To confirm this theory, connect to an ISP, go to a command prompt, and
enter:
ping 216.32.74.51
ping www.yahoo.com
If the first one succeeds and the second one fails, there's a good TCP/IP connection but no name resolution. In that case, try this fix:
Go to Control Panel | Internet Options | Connections. If there's a LAN Settings button, click it, then clear all of the boxes on that screen.
If that doesn't help, try this:
1. Un-install Dial-Up Networking. Don't reboot.
2. Delete registry key HLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2
3. Re-install Dial-Up Networking.
4. Reboot.
Back to top Go down
http://eecl.ephpbb.com

Problem: Using either the AT&T dialer, a connectiod with the AT&T number or a connectoid to the local free service
Page 1 of 1